Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Saved By The Bell (1989-1993)





I would love to watch Saved by the Bell reruns all day "but there's no time! There's never any time!" In order to, I would have take up caffeine again, and any fan of this show knows the dangerous side effects of caffeine.  Before Saved By The Bell became a phenomenon, it was known as The Disney Channel's Good Morning, Miss Bliss (1988-1989).  That show was canceled after 13 episodes and NBC reclaimed the rights, retooling the show.  Miss Bliss, Nikki, Mikey and Mylo were send to detention at John F. Kennedy Junior High School in Indianapolis and never heard from again.  Zack, Lisa, Screech and Mr. Belding transferred to Bayside High in southern California joined by new students Kelly Kapowski, A.C. Slater and Jessie Spano.  Thus began Zack and Slater's dueling for Kelly's affections, Jessie's feminist causes and Screech pining for Lisa.  Whether the action took place in the hallways of Bayside, The Max or The Malibu Sands Beach Club, viewers were guaranteed a healthy serving of cheesy moments, audience ooooh's and time-outs.



Location: The Malibu Sands Beach Club Entrance
Address: 415 Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica, CA










Location: The Malibu Sands Beach Club
Address: Between Venice Beach & The Santa Monica Pier, Venice, CA

Saved By The Bell ventured out of the studio to shoot on location for the summer episodes.  It is here at The Malibu Sands Beach Club that no-nonsense Stacy Carosi handed Zack Morris his ass on a daily basis before becoming smitten with him.

2001


This was also The Beverly Hills Beach Club on Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990-2000).


Location: The Saved By The Max Dining Experience
Address: 1941 W North Avenue, Chicago, IL

When I read about a Saved By The Bell restaurant opening in Chicago, I was bummed that it was only going to be over the summer.  When I planned my impromptu trip, I googled it just to see if it was still around and the first result that popped up was that it had been extended through the end of the year.  I was so excited!  I was SO excited!  I made my reservation faster than you can say "caffeine pills."  The decor was amazing.  I felt like I was on the set of The Max.  C & C Music Factory, Technotronic and Wilson Phillips blasted from the speakers while I dined on some pretty tasty food.  If you live in the Windy City or will be visiting before January 2017 I highly recommend heading on down.
























A-12 was Zack and Kelly's song.  And it was sacred...





The AC Sliders (no bun)...




The Max Burger (no bun) with Kevin The Robot Fingerling Potatoes...




"It wasn't supposed to be like this, Zack.  Not for us."



A Hot Sundae...


Showing Miss Bliss a little love...












Sinead O'Connor was cleaning the toilets...











Locations Visited: June 2001, March 2016, October 2016, June 2021

And if there's ever an off-Broadway revival, be sure to attend...





Related Locations:

Good Morning, Miss Bliss (1988-1989)Saved By The Bell (1989-1993) Saved By The Bell: Hawaiian Style (1992)Saved By The Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas (1994)Saved By The Bell: The New Class (1993-2000)



4 comments:

  1. I am the biggest fan of saved by the bell of all time and really enjoyed reading this.
    Thanks,
    Freya, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Freya! SBTB is a classic. Next time I'm in LA I hope to visit the Palm Springs Hotel and locate Miss Bliss' house.

      Delete
  2. This came up when I clicked on The Cosby Show link.

    ReplyDelete